3 days/2 nights
Triglav National Park
Easy mountain hiking
from 450,00 €/person
Treat yourself the best experience.
Hiking in the Pokljuka Plateau
If you would like to spend a few days hiking in the amazing nature of the Triglav national park then this tour is perfect for you. We have designed a 3 days / 2 nights hiking tour that will take you from Bohinj valley through the Mostnica river canyon to some of the nicest and most famous alpine meadows on the Pokljuka plateau. You will spend a night in a typical mountain hut, enjoy the amazing forests of the Pokljuka plateau and admire the views on the peaks of the Julian Alps. On the tour, you will also hike on the famous Juliana trail, fill your lungs with fresh mountain air and first-hand experience the mountain life of the locals.
Read more about this trial in the story the Juliana Trail around the Julian Alps.
Highlights of hiking adventure in the Pokljuka Plateau
Experience Pokljuka Plateau trial in a 3-day hiking adventure.
What we’ll do – day by day plan
After a welcome meeting where you will get all the final information and materials, you will hike through the famous Mostnica gorge all the way to the end of the Voje valley. You will enjoy the amazing rock formations that the water has created through the years and admire the beautiful Voje waterfall where the Mostnica river springs. You can do a short coffee break in a traditional mountain hut in Voje valley before you climb up to the Pokljuka plateau. You will reach Uskovnica meadow where you will spend your night in a traditional mountain hut.
- distance: 9.5 km
- ascent: 650 m
- descent: 100 m
- duration: 4-5 hours
Today’s hike is all about the forest and alpine meadows that are pastures for the famous Bohinj cows. You will visit the picturesque Zajamniki meadow where you can admire the traditional shepherd’s huts, views on mt. Triglav and Bohinj valley with the lake. You will end your hike in a meadow Goreljek where you will spend the night.
- distance: 12 km
- ascent: 350 m
- descent: 250 m
- duration: 4-5 hours
This day you will be hiking on the famous Juliana Trail that goes through the forests and pastures of Pokljuka plateau, and descends to two of the highest lying villages in Bohinj valley. The villages Koprivnik and especially Gorjuse are stunning and world-famous for their arts and crafts. You finish descending from the plateau at Jereka village in the Upper Bohinj Valley. From there, the trail continues through Cesnjica, Srednja vas and Studor villages that offer amazing views and a true alpine architecture experience. You will end your hike where you started your hiking tour, right next to the Bohinj lake.
- distance: 21 km
- ascent: 260 m
- descent: 960 m
- duration: 6-7 hours
What will you experience?
- Hike&Bike welcome meeting
- sleeping in a mountain hut
- green and endless forests
- crystal clear glacial lake Bohinj
- beautiful peaks of the Julian Alps
- picturesque alpine villages
- Mostnica gorge and Voje valley
- amazing alpine meadows
- beautiful scenery and amazing views
- hiking in the Triglav National Park
Included in price
- Welcome meeting
- luggage transfers,
- overnight and breakfast at our carefully selected accommodations in the area,
- map of the area and route instructions,
- GPS tracks,
- list of equipment needed for the hike,
- hiking poles (on your request),
- first aid kit (for the time of the hike),
- 24/7 phone support.
- Airfare for arrival to Slovenia,
- travel cost to and from Bohinj valley,
- lunches and dinners (dinners can be arranged upon request),
- cost of drinks and other personal spendings,
- health and travel insurance,
- local hiking guide (if you would like to hike with a local licensed hiking guide on one or all of your hikes please let us know).
What you have to bring with you:
- Once you book a self-guided hike with us we will provide you with a full equipment list that we suggest having on your hiking tour.
When to come:
The ideal time for this hike is between April and October. Please note that the weather in the mountains can be unpredictable, so in April you can encounter some snow on higher-lying areas. Please let us know the preferred date of your hike at email@example.com and we will send you an offer with the best itinerary for you.
This tour can also be organized for fewer days. If you have a limited time frame or any special requests that you would like to experience during your stay in Slovenia please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set all the details.
A few of our
Latest outdoor experiences
Subscribe to receive free newsletter.
Let our stories impress you.
Sign up for free newsletter. Receive a piece of active Slovenia in your inbox. Find out more about outdoor experiences, hiking, biking, climbing, wather activities, fishing and more. Be the first to know what’s new at Explore Slovenia.