Via ferrata climbing and hiking in Slovenia
Go between the walls of the Slovenian mountains and follow your vertical dreams!
Fixed rope climbing routes are an exceptional combination of hiking and climbing. Via ferrata climbing and hiking routes are protected by steel cables, on certain sections also by wedges and staples. Take the challenge, choose the via Ferrata hiking trails and witness the picturesque views from the vertical walls. Unleash adrenaline in the stone walls of the Slovenian Alps.
Via Ferrata climbing routes have been popular in Slovenia for the last ten years. We have few sports via Ferrata climbing routes in Slovenia. In recent years, tourist via Ferrata climbing routes has been built. One of the heaviest ferratas in Slovenia is the Gonžar furnace. It is a sports Ferrata that is protected only by a steel rope. You won’t find pegs and staples on it.
You can find protected climbing routes or ferratas everywhere in Slovenia, where a suitable rock wall can be found.
Where are best ferratas in Slovenia
We have about 70 hiking trails with ferratas. Families with children are also catered for. The first family Ferrata in our country was built in the vicinity of Kranjska Gora.
Some of the most beautiful ferratas in Slovenia:
- Ferrata on Germada near Ljubljana (Pogačnik’s path)
- Gradiška toura in the Karst (two directions Furlan’s path and Otmar’s path)
- Ferrata Wide shelf in Bohinj (very demanding ferrata)
- Ferrata Hladnik, the first family ferrata, is located in Gozd Martuljek Ferata Jerman, also in Gozd Martuljek
- Gradišče above Mojstrana, two directions, Aljaž’s path and the path of Mojstrana squirrels;
- Ferrata Spodnji Plot, is considered one of the most demanding and leads to Zelenica in the Karavanke,
And many others. Read more about ferratas in the story Top ferratas in Slovenia.