3 day/2 nights
Demanding mountain bikers
from 750,00 EUR/person
Treat yourself the best experience.
Cycling in the southwest part of Slovenia can be done throughout the whole year due to the mild Mediterranean climate. If you add this fact to amazing quiet roads, great food and even better wine you have a very good reason why we invite you to come for a bike ride in this area. We have a specialised cyclist-friendly hotel where you will stay and all the rides are designed and tested by ourselves with the help of the locals so you can be sure, that on your rides you won’t miss a thing. Welcome to the area of top cycling, food and fun!
Total tour distance: 156 km
Highlights of biking in the Brda and Italy
You will experience the most fun and adrenaline-fueled water experiences with us.
What we’ll do: Route plan day by day
Day 1 will start with a welcome meeting, where you will get all the final information and materials for your trip. If you choose to rent bikes with us this will also be the day when we will fit the bike to your needs. We recommend following the day rides as we suggest, but since you will be centre-based you can choose on your own what ride to do.
On the first day of cycling, you will be exploring Slovenia and Italy. You will have the chance to visit the youngest city in Slovenia – Nova Gorica, ride along the beautiful rolling hills among the vineyards, visit Castello di Spessa where Giacomo Casanova stayed during his best days and taste some of the delicious local food and wine.
- distance: 53 km
- Ascent/descent: 1100 m
Your second ride will be all about the charming town of Cividale del Friuli. A typical Italian town located next to the Nadiza/Natisone river that is on the list of UNESCO world heritage and offers a great way to get to know the history of north Italy and life nowadays. Our tip is to have a proper Italian espresso on the main square; Piazza del Duomo and enjoy the dolce vita.
- distance: 52 km
- ascent/descent: 650 m
The day will be all about the famous Soca valley as you will be riding above it on a beautiful plateau where on a clear day you can see the Adriatic sea. The area was very important in WW1 and you will have the chance to explore remaining military buildings from the past. On this day you will ride in the western part of the Goriška Brda area as well and this is great because there you can find some of the best winemakers in Slovenia.
- distance: 51 km
- Ascent/descent: 1300 m
Your cycling is done, but we hope that your memories will remain forever.
What will you experience?
- Hike&Bike welcome meeting
- rolling hills and vineyards of Goriska Brda and Collio DOP
- emerald Soča river
- cycling on the scenic roads in Slovenia and Italy
- sleeping in specialised cyclist-friendly accommodation
- beautiful scenery and amazing views
- taste great food and wine
Included in price
- Welcome meeting
- half-board and overnight in specialised cyclist-friendly accommodation
- map of the area and route instructions
- GPS tracks
- list of equipment needed
- first aid kit (on request)
- 24/7 phone support
- arrival cost to Slovenia
- lunches (approx. price for a nice lunch is between 10 – 15 EUR)
- travel and health insurance
- cost of drinks and other personal spendings
- wine tasting (on request we can arrange private wine tasting with some of the best winemakers in Slovenia
- massage (on request at the hotel)
- bike of your choice (If you need a bike we can arrange your gravel, road, hybrid/trekking or e-bike for you. Please contact us at email@example.com for more info.)
What you have to bring with you:
- Once you book a self-guided MTB tour with us we will provide you with a full equipment list that we suggest having for your cycling vacation.
When to come:
The ideal time for this cycling trip is between April and October. We have various cyclist-friendly accommodation options in campsites, self-catered apartments, B&Bs and hotels for overnights on this tour. Please let us know your preferred date and type of accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an offer with the best itinerary for you.
This tour can be done also in 3 days. If you have a limited time frame and any special requests that you would like to experience during your cycling in Slovenia please send us an email at email@example.com and we will set all the details.
A few of our
Latest outdoor experiences
Subscribe to receive free newsletter.
Let our stories impress you.
Sign up for free newsletter. Receive a piece of active Slovenia in your inbox. Find out more about outdoor experiences, hiking, biking, climbing, wather activities, fishing and more. Be the first to know what’s new at Explore Slovenia.