Treat yourself the best experience.
Join in mountain biking tours and explore the most beautiful mountain biking trails around the Julian Alps. Every day we will cycle to a different location. Enjoy the views of the Julian Alps, ride the most beautiful trails and actively spend your holidays. With a licensed cycling guide, you will get to know the secrets of Alpine Slovenia and truly experience the natural and cultural beauties of the area. Specialized cyclist-friendly accommodation will be perfect for relaxing on guided tours at the same time. You will have enough free time to jump into Lake Bohinj or some additional activity such as paragliding, SUP or canyoning.
You will experience the most fun and adrenaline-fueled water experiences with us.
What we’ll do
- arrival to Boginj valley
- check-in and welcome meeting
- bike setup
- bike ride around the Bohinj valley (it’s an introductory ride, mostly XC for you to settle in and see some of the attractions the valley can offer)
- distance: 25 – 30 km
- vertical meters: approx. 500
- technical level: 1 – 3
- fitness level: 1 – 2
- morning tour to Pokljuka (Above Bohinj there is an amazing Forrest named Pokljuka plateau full of alpine meadows and great views. We will bike up (approx. 800 v.m. of the climb), cross the plateau with stops on the meadows before we descend back to the valley. For the descend we have a couple of options and we will choose the one that will be in the best condition and most suitable for you. In case you don’t want to pedal up in the morning we can arrange a shuttle to avoid the first climb.)
- Free time for lunch
- afternoon biking tour (Shuttle up to a ridge that splits two Slovenian regions (Gorenjska and Primorska) and then descends on an old Italian war trail to a village Podbrdo where we will have a break and a well deserved cold beer before we put the bikes on a train and return back to the valley.)
- distance: 50 – 60 km
- altitude meters: 1000
- technical requirements: 2 – 3
- fitness requirements: 2 – 3
- Morning tour: shuttle to Kranjska Gora area and full-day biking where we have numerous options to spend the day. We can climb up to the highest pass in Slovenia and descend back down to the valley or we can visit the three borders peak where we can step into Austria, Italy and Slovenia at the same time. There is also a nice built single trail course close by that we can ride as well before we return back to the valley.
- snack or lunch in the village
- Afternoon tour: We can do a few runs in the Kranjska Gora bike park, bike to the famous Planica ski jumps or ride into Italy to the Laghi di Fusine lakes. We can decide on the exact routes in Kranjska Gora once we are there based on the weather and your wishes.
- drive back to Bohinj valley
- distance: 50-60 km (depends on the route we choose)
- vertical meters: 1000 – 1200 (up and down; depends on the route we choose)
- technical level: 2 – 3
- fitness level: 2 – 3
- A short transfer will bring us to Bled and we will explore the lake area and discover the trails in the wide area of lake Bled. On this day we have an option to visit some of the mountain huts in the area and ride beautiful trails before we end our tour on the shore of the famous lake Bled.
- free time in Bled for snack or lunch
- shuttle to the airport
- distance: 20 – 30 km
- vertical meters: 500 – 700 m (up and down)
- technical level: 2 – 3
- fitness level: 1 – 3
Included in price
- transfer from Ljubljana airport (transfers are possible also from other nearby airports; additional cost may occur)
- 4 days in Hike&Bike chalet or similar accommodation
- 3x breakfast
- 4x guided bike tours
- all transfers on day trips and excursions
- licensed local bike guide
- all entrance fees and tickets based on the itinerary
- VAT and tourist tax
- aeroplane ticket to Ljubljana airport
- lunches and dinners (usually the price for a nice lunch is between 10 – 15 EUR, dinner 15 – 20 EUR or you can cook it on your own in your accommodation)
- visit of Kranjska Gora bike park
- cost of drinks and other personal spendings
- bike (If you need a bike we can offer you Specialized Stumpjumper full suspension bikes. Please contact or write in to comment of your booking)
What you have to bring with you:
- comfortable clothes and shoes
- helmet (can be also provided by us)
- biking clothes (padded shorts, 2 shirts with short sleeves and 1 shirt with long sleeves)
- windproof jacket
- rainproof jacket and pants (if you use them)
- fleece or a warm jacket
- bike gloves
- swimsuit and towel
- camera or a smartphone
- bike backpack
A few of our
Latest outdoor experiences
Subscribe to receive free newsletter.
Let our stories impress you.
Sign up for free newsletter. Receive a piece of active Slovenia in your inbox. Find out more about outdoor experiences, hiking, biking, climbing, wather activities, fishing and more. Be the first to know what’s new at Explore Slovenia.