Treat yourself the best experience.
Would you like to learn the skills of rowing on wild waters? Join us at the kayak course, which we organize for beginners and those who want to improve their rowing technique.
Kayaking on a wild river along the rapids of the Soča Valley.
What we’ll do
The minimum number of persons is 2 participants. The maximum is 10 persons in a group. We provide you with all the necessary equipment that is already included in the price of the kayak school.
ONE DAY SCHOOL (4 hours)
We run the kayak school twice for two hours, in the morning and the afternoon. You will learn the basic techniques of rowing, kayaking straight and stopping in countercurrents. The one-day kayak school takes place on a section with level I-II rapids.
TWO-DAY SCHOOL (8 hours)
We run the kayak school for two days. You will go to the water twice for two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. You will learn the basic techniques of rowing, kayaking straight, stopping in countercurrents, joining the mainstream and crossing the river. The two-day kayak school takes place on a section with level II-III rapids.
We adapt the advanced kayak school to the prior knowledge and skills of each group. An advanced kayak school usually lasts three to five days, on different sections of the Soča River. In the advanced kayak school, you will learn more demanding kayaking techniques. If you are already an experienced kayaker, you will gain new skills that will help you overcome more demanding sections of the Soča River. The condition for inclusion in the Advanced Kayak School is that the participants are proficient in the Eskimo water plant.
Accommodation is not included in the price. Book accommodation from our offer near us! Check the offer of accommodation here.
What do you need to know?
- All participants must be able to swim.
- If you have recently had any injuries, you should consult the agency before participating in the trip.
- Bring a towel and swimsuit.
- The minimum age of participants is 10-years at a low water level and 14-years at a high water level.
- To make the most of it, we organize trips only for small groups of people.
- You will take part in the activity in any weather. The only exception is heavier storms or downpours.
- In case this experience is cancelled due to bad weather and it cannot be postponed to another date. We will refund your money in full.
- Languages: Slovenian and English.
- Kayak course is not suitable for children up to 10-years old.
- A kayak course is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Unfortunately, if you have limited mobility, this activity is not suitable for you.
What do you have to bring with you?
- a towel,
- a swimsuit, and
- a dry T-shirt.
Included in price
- neoprene suit,
- safety backpack,
- kayak boat,
- complete set of gear (wetsuit, life jacket, neoprene shoes, helmet and windbreaker) and
- liability insurance.
The price also includes a guide and equipment.
Subscribe to receive free newsletter.
Let our stories impress you.
Sign up for free newsletter. Receive a piece of active Slovenia in your inbox. Find out more about outdoor experiences, hiking, biking, climbing, wather activities, fishing and more. Be the first to know what’s new at Explore Slovenia.